HVSE COVID-19 Coronavirus Response
Huntsville Veterinary Specialists and Emergency is offering an alternate option for your referral & emergency visit. The latest COVID-19 developments and best practices recommend limited interaction. To help ensure the health and safety of our clients, patients, and employees, HVSE will begin transitioning to a period of adjusted operations effective immediately. We offer the following guidelines:
- The hospital will remain open for after hour emergency services and patients requiring continuation of care to prevent a decline in health.
- The hospital will remain open for referral appointments and surgery.
- We are monitoring all recommendations by local officials, and clients with referral appointments will be contacted by a hospital staff member to discuss our updated hospital operations.
- In-person interactions will be limited to clients; visitors will not be allowed to enter hospital facilities.
Appointment and Emergency Instructions
- Upon arrival, clients transporting patients receiving care should park in a space in front of Huntsville Veterinary Specialists & Emergency and call 256.715.8389. A hospital staff member will come to your vehicle for the patient’s history and to retrieve them for examination and will return upon completion.
- Following the patient’s evaluation and examination, you will be given the exam review and the Doctor’s recommended treatment by phone.
- Upon arrival, clients in need of pharmacy items should park in a space in front of Huntsville Veterinary Specialists & Emergency and call 256.715.8389. A hospital staff member will bring the necessary item(s) to your vehicle.
We expect to follow this adjusted operations model until April 10. We will keep you updated as new information regarding COVID-19 becomes available.
Huntsville Veterinary Specialists & Emergency
800 Dr. Joseph E Lowery Blvd
Huntsville, Alabama 35801