Huntsville Veterinary Specialists and Emergency is proud to announce the addition of an Avian & Exotics specialty to our hospital. Dr. Jennifer Graham will head our Avian & Exotics service working in a part-time manner. Dr. Graham began accepting appointments Tuesday, February 15th, 2022 and sees consults Tuesdays & Thursdays.
Dr. Jennifer Graham graduated with her DVM from Auburn University in 1999. She completed an avian/exotic internship at the University of Georgia followed by a 3-year residency in avian/exotic animal medicine at the University of California at Davis. Following her residency, she started an exotics practice in a specialty referral hospital located in Seattle from 2003-2006. Dr. Graham worked at Angell Animal Medical Center in Boston from 2006-2012. From 2012 to early 2022, Dr. Graham ran the Zoological Companion Animal Medicine Service at the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University.
HVSE Avian and Exotics service is dedicated to the health and well-being of birds, reptiles, & small mammals and offers full medical and surgical care of exotic pets.
- Diagnosis and management of medical, behavioral and geriatric problems
- Emergency and trauma treatment
- Hospitalization with specialized intensive care
- Sophisticated diagnostic capabilities including endoscopy (gastrointestinal, tracheal and pulmonary)
- Advanced surgical services, including soft tissue and orthopedic surgical services with the assistance from our board-certified surgeons
To make a referral or schedule a consultation with our Avian & Exotics department, please call us at 256.715.8389.